Competition open to individuals worldwide except for employees and their immediate families of Getty Images, Flickr and the competition sponsor Canon. Residents of Australia and New Zealand only are eligible to win the major and runner up prizes.
On or before 1 June 2012 enter by doing the following:
1. Join the Grab group on Flickr at www.flickr.com/groups/grabnz
2. Complete the entry details at www.gettyimages.co.nz/grabnz
3. Submit up to 10 photographs of Australian life taken within Australia by adding your photographs to the “Grab NZ” group of photographs on the Flickr website at www.flickr.com/groups/grabnz/. Limit of 10 photographs per entrant.
To be eligible your photographs:
• must be your original creation. Modification of an existing work does not qualify as original;
• must be in accordance with the Flickr submission requirements appearing on the site;
• must be no less than 300dpi;
• cannot have been previously published or submitted in any competition; and
• cannot defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property rights or any other third party rights.
All eligible entries received will be judged solely on their creativity by a panel of qualified independent judges selected by Getty Images whose decisions will be final and binding in all matters relating to the competition. Twenty (20) finalists will be selected and notified within one week of the competition closing date. One major winner and one runner up will be selected from the finalists. The major winner and runner up will be notified on 21 June and the winner, runner up and remaining finalists’ names will be posted on www.gettyimages.co.nz/grabnz All entrants have the opportunity to be invited to contribute to the Flickr Collection on Getty Images, and if selected will be notified separately by Getty Images.
There is one (1) major prize to be awarded to the competition winner comprising a Canon EOS 7D 18-135IS valued at RRP $2999.9, together with an offer to become a Flickr contributing photographer; and one (1) runner up prize to be awarded comprising a Canon 600D 18-55IS & 55-250IS valued at $1649 One (1) finalists will be awarded the “People Choice Award” and receive a Canon Powershot G12. Each finalist will have their work showcased at an exhibition in Auckland. Venue to be confimed.
No transfer, assignment or substitution of prize. By entering, each entrant warrants and represents (in other words, promises) that his/her photographs do not defame or otherwise violate the rights of any third party and does not violate any laws. Entrants further warrant and represent that they have secured the requisite consent from any third party referenced or pictured in their photograph, and, if requested by Getty Images, agree to provide legal releases for the use of such reference in a form satisfactory to Getty Images and judges. All finalists agree to Getty Images exhibiting their work at an exhibition in Auckland June – July 2012. Entrants agree that (1) by entering the entrant irrevocably grants to Getty Images and Canon a worldwide, royalty free, perpetual license to publish and use their Photographs for promotional purposes in relation to the competition (2) that Canon and Getty Images shall have no liability and will be held harmless by entrant for any liability, loss, injury or damage to participants or any other person or entity, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly by reason of entrant’s participation in this contest, the use of any photograph or any of the rights granted herein.
Sponsored by: Getty Images and Canon